Coronavirus - Covid 19 Delivery Update
In line with Government & HSE Guidelines, as a company operating under the Wholesale & Retail Trade, we are deemed essential business under the Irish Government's announcement of 27th March that only essential services should be in operation until Easter Sunday and as a family business, we are in the position that we are operating as such on a daily basis. We will continue to trade online for our customers in accordance with Government and HSE guidelines.
DELIVERY ADVICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH OUR DELIVERY PARTNERS DPD COURIERS
- To minimise risk, DPD our delivery partners can no longer facilitate Collection from Depots. Please don't ship parcels for Collection at a DPD Depot. Delivery must be directly to the recipient.
- Do not dispatch goods for delivery to locations which are now closed (schools, universities, pubs, restaurants etc) - these will be returned directly to you.
- Change to our Proof of Delivery Capture Process; DPD has ceased passing the driver's scanner to the consignee to capture a proof of delivery signature. Instead, where the consignee is present to receive delivery, the driver will retain possession of the scanner, will request the name of the signatory which he/she will key into the name field and will capture the words C19 in the signature field. Driver will not capture the signature of the recipient.
- Where "Safe Place" or "Letterbox" options are in place for the delivery, these instructions will be followed.
- GPS co-ordinates are captured at the point where the parcel is scanned as delivered. Neither SweetCo or DPD accepts no liability for loss or damage where this new C19 delivery process has been followed by delivery driver.
- This process applies to all deliveries within the DPD Network for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- All of DPD drivers are practicing social distancing and contact-less deliveries. They will not be making any unnecessary contact with parcel recipients.
- Please make sure to watch out for their one hour delivery window text or email - which will be sent to you on the day the parcel is on a DPD van for delivery. Should there by delays with deliveries when on the van, the one hour window text and email confirms the time that delivery will be attempted on that day. Please ensure that you provide us with recipient's mobile no, eircode & email addresses to ensure you get the Predict 1 hour delivery window via text or email from the courier on the day their parcel is on a van for delivery.